Hi! My name is Josef Nguyen, and I am a Ph.D. candidate in English at U.C. Davis. In addition to books, I also really like science.
I am a graduate of the University of the Pacific, receiving a B.S. in Computer Science and a B.A. English in 2007. I then attended U.C. Irvine, earning an M.S. in Information and Computer Science with a concentration in Arts Computation Engineering (A.C.E.) in 2009.
My main academic interests include but are not limited to:
- technoscientific governance and administration
- public understanding of and engagement with science; popular science
- theories of expertise
- speculative, promissory, and other futuristic discourses
- municipal and global infrastructures
- the aftermath of disaster and apocalypse
- activist and indie game development
- spatial practices and digital technologies: video games, ubiquitous computing, and locative media